Douglas Hurling & Football Club is based in Douglas Village in Cork. We are in the process of refurbishing our Clubhouse consisting of a member’s bar and function room and now wish to recruit a Clubhouse Manager who will play an active part in the development of our club to be a vibrant and inclusive cultural and social centre.
JOB TITLE Clubhouse Manager
ROLE DESCRIPTION The Clubhouse Manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient management of the Douglas GAA Community Hub. This includes the bar, function Room, kitchenette, main kitchen, outdoor seating areas, and paid bookings for our facilities.
REPORTS TO Executive Committee
WORKING LIAISON Executive Committees of GAA, Ladies Football, Camogie Club, and the Communication / PR Community Engagement Sub-Committee.
- Play an active part in the development of our club to be a vibrant and inclusive cultural and social centre.
- Lead, cultivate and implement strategies to maximise revenue and develop the business potential of the community hub.
- Manage and grow the calendar of annual fundraising and non-fundraising events that will use the Community Hub. This would include events such as Irish Language & music, Senior Citizens Nights, Golf Society Outings, Annual Festival, Charitable Fundraisers, Family Days, breakfast mornings and in Scór Competitions.
- Manage the online booking system for paid use of our bar, function room, sports hall and games area.
- Ensure all customers receive a genuine, warm, friendly, courteous welcome.
- Promote Douglas GAA Clubhouse where possible.
- Ensure we always offer customers consistently high standards of service.
BUDGETING & OPERATIONAL CONTROL
- Weekly reporting of community hub activity (sales etc.) to the Finance Team.
- Monthly Profit & Loss reporting in conjunction with the Finance Team
- Cash management, till reconciliation, bank lodgements.
- Assist in the compilation of weekly, monthly, and annual budgets.
- Control costs in line with agreed budgets.
- Stock Control, maintaining appropriate level of stock.
- Ordering of stock and checking/managing of deliveries from breweries and others.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Report accident, incidents, defective equipment/facilities to the Executive.
- Implement fire and emergency procedures.
- Implement health, safety, and welfare statutory requirements.
- Secure and lock all community hub facilities at the end of each day.
- Implement & record HACCP requirements.
- To ensure all public areas, staff areas and all within areas of responsibility are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
- Recruit, select, and train clubhouse staff.
- Manage staff wages and roster and to maintain adequate cover for all events.
- Ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, appearance, body language and conduct of employees is maintained by all employees.
COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTING
- Attend Executive Committee meetings as required (at least once per month).
- Liaise with Communications Sub-Committee regarding upcoming events.
- Previous Food & Beverage management experience-2-3 years.
- Excellent leadership, planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Ability to work well with the Executive and wider members of the Club.
- Good IT knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Have a sound knowledge and interest in GAA Games & Culture.
Reference ID: ClubhouseManager
Application deadline: 21/8/2021
Expected start date: 1/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Additional pay: Performance bonus
Benefits: Flexible schedule, On-site parking
Work remotely: No
Applications by email to: Pro.email@example.com